AMUSEMENT EXPO DOUBLES DOWN ON VR IN VEGAS!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 01/10/2019
Following a tremendous response to last year’s inaugural VR focus, the Amusement Expo International is doubling down on VR in 2019. This year’s conference will continue to welcome the owners, operators, manufacturers, and visionaries of virtual reality in the location-based entertainment ecosystem.
OVER 3,200 ATTENDEES AND 1,700 BUYERS attended the 2018 Amusement Expo looking for information on new games and attractions for their family entertainment centers and other location-based entertainment venues. The VR Pavilion, a dedicated VR-focused area, was very well received and since the show, some of the VR companies and products exhibiting in 2018
who have blown up include:
- HOLOGATE Now at 140+ locations, 200+ units sold worldwide
- VIRTUAL RABBIDS: THE RIDE (LAI Games) – Innovator Award Winner
- VIRTUIX’S OMNI ARENA (UNIS) – VR eSports platform 3,000 units/500 operators
- ESCAPE VR VR/escape room hybrid with 20 locations in 5 countries
- MODAL VR Founded by Nolan Bushnell, now running VR tournaments
- WEPLAY VR (AISolve) - Award winning room-scale distributed by Bandai Namco
The 2018 Amusement Expo International VR education program was an entire day of standing-room-only panels and presentations devoted exclusively to educating amusement operators about location-based VR. The 2019 program will once again be curated by Bob Cooney, location-based VR guru and the man who literally wrote the book on Location-based VR –Real Money from Virtual Reality.
Subjects will include the Virtual Reality Hardware Roadmap - where is the tech going and how can you minimize your risk of obsolescence and Who is making Real Money with Virtual Reality (operators panel). Get in touch if you can speak to: Marketing and Positioning; Operations for VR Attractions; How to Select the Right Content and Equipment